Thank You All for a Year to Remember.

Hello loves, I'm so excited to be here right now. Today is the one year make of the blog and of myself making captions. I know this is going to turn into a long post but I'm having a hard time containing myself.

Thank you all first off. It's been amazing becoming apart of this community and getting to meet the wonderful people that I have. I never imagined anything like it would have came from this. I honestly keep every email and comment ever sent to me. I always go back and read it if I ever need a pick me up and I just can't express how that feels.

When I started, I never thought I'd make it as far as I have. I started with no experience with any of this and really no plan. I just wanted to try to make captions and see how it all went. I remember checking every day my first month and only see like 3 views a day and then I saw the remove my views option. They were almost all me lol. It wasn't till I did the original Circe's Island post that I really got noticed.

It took almost 2 months just to get 5k views and that felt like I had conquered the world. Then in another month, it doubled. Now days, I get more than my first three months in just a single post and that is truly unbelievable. I don't like talking about view a lot anymore because I fear it gives off the wrong impression but in the first year, this blog has been viewed over 310 thousand times.

I really do this now for you ladies. I love knowing that there's people who check nearly everyday and I want to make sure I give them a reason to keep coming back. Then, there's mail. They've always been amazing to read. I had people coming to me for advice when I felt like the biggest amateur but I never wanted to say "I have no clue." I wanted to encourage them. I wanted them to feel what I did. I want this community to grow and I want to do everything I can help it.

So I want to start something new. I want to start doing featured blogs and really showcasing other people who are new to the community and even the ones that have been doing this longer than I have. So, if your just starting out and want a shout out, just leave a comment or send me a message. I'll happily do it in my next post. Even if you just want to talk or bounce ideas, that's fine too. I'll try to help any way I can. I hope by the end of next year, I'll be bragging about the new blogs that have flourished and just how much mine has.

And, always feel free to send me a request. I'll try my best to make it for you. I'll admit there are things I'm not the best at but I'll least give it my all. You've seen some of the crazy ideas I've had. I'm sure yours will be just as possible.

For this post, I wanted to do something special. So I went back and re-edited some of my first captions. I wanted to keep the theme of the transformation but also kind of make them how I would now. I had a blast writing these and I honestly plan do it with more of them. (A glorious re-written Circe's Island is so tempting.)

I'm also going to take down the old what do you come here for poll and I want to put of a new one just asking what are your favorite things about the blog. I'm just mostly curious.

Lastly, just a quick update on episode two of Hexing House. It's past the half way point. I had this project pop up in the middle and the trip. Plus I have one more quick one to make but I'm hoping to have it up within a week or so.

Thanks again for the wonderful year. Let's make the next one even better,

Ophelia The GameMaster


Re-Edit-Outbreak- Tricked- Removing the Game portion, I looked at really trying to capture the same idea of a explosive transformation

Original- Cheater- When I first did this one, I wanted a quick explosive transformation. I really didn't want the victim to have anytime to react
Re-Edit- Cursed- This one was the trickiest of all of them. I wanted to keep the Brothel feel and style without the Brothel. I thought the best way to handle it was a simple curse.

Original- Welcome to the Brothel- This was sorta the ground work of the original Brothel without being it. Being one of my earliest captions, I wanted to work with the idea of a game really altering reality.

Re-Edit- Welcome to the Witching Hour- The Original set up the Brothel, my oldest series and I thought it was fitting to use it to sorta re-establish it under my new concept for the series, The Witching Hour. The whole idea is still the same just a new name and possibilities

Original- Welcome to the Brothel- This was the caption I credit to finding my own style. I wanted to leave the reader trapped with options was the idea. Even after they finished, I wondered if they would continue the story still willing to serve or try to resist only to become worse.





Comments

  1. Thank you for the great year of caps Ophelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the wonderful year of caps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment